Apache Spark with Scala – Hands On with Big Data!
Dive right in with 20+ hands-on examples of analyzing large data sets with Apache Spark, on your desktop or on Hadoop!
New! Completely updated and re-recorded for Spark 3, IntelliJ, Structured Streaming, and a stronger focus on the DataSet API.
“Big data” analysis is a hot and highly valuable skill – and this course will teach you the hottest technology in big data: Apache Spark. Employers including Amazon, EBay, NASA JPL, and Yahoo all use Spark to quickly extract meaning from massive data sets across a fault-tolerant Hadoop cluster. You’ll learn those same techniques, using your own Windows system right at home. It’s easier than you might think, and you’ll be learning from an ex-engineer and senior manager from Amazon and IMDb.
Spark works best when using the Scala programming language, and this course includes a crash-course in Scala to get you up to speed quickly. For those more familiar with Python however, a Python version of this class is also available: “Taming Big Data with Apache Spark and Python – Hands On”.
Best Seller Course: The Ultimate Apache Spark with Java Course – Hands On!
What you’ll learn
- Frame big data analysis problems as Apache Spark scripts
- Develop distributed code using the Scala programming language
- Optimize Spark jobs through partitioning, caching, and other techniques
- Build, deploy, and run Spark scripts on Hadoop clusters
- Process continual streams of data with Spark Streaming
- Transform structured data using SparkSQL, DataSets, and DataFrames
- Traverse and analyze graph structures using GraphX
- Analyze massive data set with Machine Learning on Spark
You May Also Need This Course: Scala Programming From Scratch To Depth