F# From the Ground Up
Launch your journey into .NET’s functional-first programming language
Whether it’s your first programming language or your twenty-first, F# will transform your experience as a software developer. Requiring nothing more than basic computer literacy, this course teaches you how to write software in F#.
- Setting up your environment
- Creating and running a program
- Declaring values and functions
- Working with arrays, lists and other collections
- Conditional branching and looping
- Record types
- Handling missing data
- Object Orientation
- The magic of discriminated unions and pattern matching
- Forward piping
The course uses the free editor VS Code, which the course shows you how to install. The only thing you’ll need is a computer running Windows (8, 10 or later), Linux (e.g. Ubuntu 20.04) or macOS (Sierra 10.12 or later).
Best Seller Course: Writing Clean Code [2021 Edition]
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to install .NET and Visual Studio Code for use with F#, on Windows, Linux or macOS.
- Learn how to create and run .NET F# programs from scratch
- Learn to use F# data types such as Records and Option types to model data
- Learn to leverage F# collection functions to build data processing pipelines.
You May Also Need This Course: The Complete Guide to Bubble Visual Programming