Git & GitHub Class: An Intro to Git and GitHub for Beginners
Complete Git and GitHub Class. Master basic and advanced Git features, Go from complete novice to expert in Git & GitHub
The main part of this course is all about GitHub. We will explore GitHub in depth from a source control hosting repository perspective.
In Welcome to GitHub we start off exploring some of the basic features of GitHub by creating a fresh repository and associate our local repository with it. Then, we prepare for the remainder of the course by setting up SSH Authentication, which we will use from this point forward. After that, we continue looking at the GitHub Repository, including many of the same operations we performed locally, but done directly within GitHub. Then in GitHub Repository Branches we dive into how Branches on GitHub and our local system work with each other.
After we have comprehensively covered how GitHub repositories work, we focus on how GitHub Tags and Releases work and their relationship with local tags in Git. We can then use tags/releases while Comparing Differences on GitHub.
Best Seller Course: Complete Git Guide: Understand and master Git and GitHub
What you’ll learn
- Manage project defects or enhancement requests with GitHub Issues.
- Review and Accept Pull Requests from Others.
- Perform many of the same local Git operations directly on GitHub.
- Mark special events with Tags and Releases.
- Create branches and resolve conflicts with confidence.
- Manage files inside and outside the control of Git and GitHub.
- Step through the entire Git workflow.
- Group related repositories together with GitHub Organizations.
- Share code with GitHub.
- Join other GitHub projects by Forking and contribute back using Pull Requests.
- Even a bit of time travel within Git repositories and on GitHub.
- Save work in progress with Stashes.
- Create and manage repositories on GitHub.
- Compare the different states in Git.
- Learn the key concepts of the Git source control system.
You May Also Need This Course: Master Go (Golang) Programming:The Complete 2020 Go Bootcamp