How to Make Tile Based Platform Games in Gamemaker Studio 2
Learn the basics to build fun and creative platform games, including tricks to add polished and professional features.
This course will teach you how to build a very polished and professional looking game, in a short time. You will learn many tricks and techniques that can then be applied to making your own games. The possibilities are endless once you’ve gained these programming skills and you’ll be experienced enough to start the process of turning your own ideas into actual working games.
The course is compatible with the trial version of Gamemaker Studio 2, but there are limitations with regards to resources in the trial version. The first lecture/introduction preview will discuss the limitations. Ensure you understand them if you are completing the course with the trial version.
Best Seller Course: Unreal Engine 5 C++ Developer: Learn C++ & Make Video Games
What you’ll learn
- You will develop a robust platform engine that you can use for future games you make.
- You will learn how to do fast tile based collisions, and have the skills to incorporate it into your own games.
- You will learn how to implement a customizable lighting system that any object in the game can use.
- You will learn how to build custom particles that interact with the environment.
- You will learn how to build a Finite State Machine, and use it to efficiently control your player and enemies.
- You will learn how to implement wave based attacks, player traps, cameras, fade transitions, highscore saving, custom tooltips, screenshake and more.
You May Also Need This Course: Make Games In Scratch: Programming For Absolute Beginners
Udemy Coupons & Promo Codes July 2022
Learn to Develop Innovative Solutions for any Problem with Design Thinking courses for as low as $11.99 only.
Promotion Dates: 7/01/22 - 7/16/22