RPG Inventory Systems: Intermediate Unity C# Coding
Implement An RPG-Style Inventory System. All Code Base Provided As A Flexible Asset Pack. Improve your C#
This course is the second in our RPG series and is designed for intermediate users of Unity. We recommend you take at least the first half of our Complete Unity Developer 2D or 3D, or equivalent, as a pre-requisite. You don’t need to have completed the first part of the RPG Series (the RPG Core Combat course) but it will give you an advantage if you already have.
Best Seller Course: RPG Core Combat Creator: Learn Intermediate Unity C# Coding
What you’ll learn
- How to implement and lay out your inventory UI (user interface) so that the panels, buttons, slots and icons make sense.
- How to use useful UI components like the Scroll View Asset and the Grid Layout Group to more easily structure your inventory UI.
- How to use the drag-and-drop system so that players can pick up inventory items and move them to other slots, or drop them into the world.
- How to use a pickup system with scriptable objects providing the data for specific inventory items.
- How to use and modify the equipping system so that players can equip weapons and armor from their inventory.
- How to interface between what the player sees on screen in their inventory and what your backend system knows should be the appropriate information stored in the inventory.
- How to use and modify a tooltip system that gives the player information about their inventory items.
- How to make items stackable so that if a player has more than one of an item it only takes up one inventory slot and displays how many items have been stacked.
- How to refactor your code so that when a new feature is added, it propagates to all areas of your project without breaking your game.
- How to build a user interface mockup in Unity before your functionality is in place.
You May Also Need This Course: Complete C# Unity Developer 3D: Learn to Code Making Games
Udemy Coupons Codes - July 2022
Learning for all. Online courses from $12.99
Promotion Dates: 7/04/22 - 7/07/22
Click HERE to Redeem Udemy Coupon